Thinking of travelling to Canada? You may want to settle permanently. There are many programs for your dream to come true.

Answer these short questions to determine which immigration programs you can apply for. Each immigration program has different application and eligibility requirements. You will need about 10-15 minutes to complete the form. If you are eligible, we will give you a detailed guide for the next line of actions.

Check your eligibility. Learn more about the different immigration programs in Canada.


There are different programs for anyone interested in settling in Canada permanently. The first step is to fill the Express Entry form.



Express Entry (EE) is an electronic system for managing permanent residence applications under existing immigration programs. It is managed by the Government of Canada. You can apply for EE if you are a skilled worker currently working in Canada or another country. Provinces and territories also recruit candidates from the EE pool through the Provincial Nominees Program (PNP) to meet their region’s labour market needs.

Express Entry is used to manage permanent residence applications for the following programs:


  • Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

The Federal Skilled Worker Program gives skilled workers with over a year of continuous full-time paid work experience in the past ten years the opportunity to immigrate to Canada. It is important for applicants to already have full-time employment in Canada in line with a Labour Market Impact Assessment. Language skills in English or French are also fundamental.  Based on these skills, needs of the Canadian government and other factors, your application will be considered for permanent residency.


  • Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)

This programme is for people certified in skilled trades like tiling, carpentry, painting, construction and more. Language skills in French or English are also important for you to be part of this programme.  To be part of the FSTP, you must have at least two years of full-time work experience; and meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC); be interested in becoming a permanent resident of Canada and plan to live outside Quebec.


  • Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

This program is for foreign residents of Canada with at least a year work experience and required language skills. With it, you can integrate more easily into the community where you have worked or lived. Eligibility is based on Canadian skilled work experience within three years of applying. Find out if your Canadian work experience counts.


Step 1: Create your Express Entry profile

This is a free secure process online. Your profile will provide information about your skills, education, language ability, work experience and more. Once you start your EE profile, you must complete it within 60 days. The information you provide will help the government decide on your eligibility, so be accurate. If you are eligible, you will get a detailed list of guidelines on next actions.

Once you meet the criteria, you will be accepted into a pool of candidates for immigration, and possibly invited to apply to immigrate. Once in the pool, you may create a job match account with Job Bank, an easy, online tool to match you with employers in need of skilled employees. This is optional.


Step 2: Highest-ranking candidates in the pool are invited to apply for permanent residence

A points-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) is used to rate you based on the information you provided. Then, applicants with the highest scores are invited to apply for permanent residency. You get additional points for Canadian certificates, strong French language skills, a valid job offer, and a nomination from a province or territory. When applying for permanent residency, you need to update your profile with new changes as well as provide language test scores and police certificates. After you get an invitation to apply for permanent residency, you will have 90 days to submit an online application.


Our experts can advise you on the best ways to meet the Express Entry requirements.


The Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) permit Canadian provinces and territories to select individuals interested in immigrating to Canada and settling in those provinces. PNPs are given preference over other skilled visa applicants.

There are two ways to immigrate to Canada as a Provincial Nominee: as a business entrepreneur or skilled worker with a valid job offer in Canada. You can apply through a paper-based process or through Express Entry.

Saskatchewan and Ontario, however, have some programs that do not require a valid job offer. Check out the International Skilled Worker: Saskatchewan Express Entry and the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream for more on this.

Each province and territory has its own streams and requirements for their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) which usually change. Find out about the requirements of each province and territory. The province or territory will review your application. If you meet their criteria, they will issue you a nomination certificate. You then submit a copy of the nomination certificate when you apply to the IRCC for permanent residence.


The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program is a 2017 addition to the Canadian immigration scheme. Through it, the Canadian government and the governments of the Maritimes region—Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Prince Edward Island—aspire to welcome 2,000 newcomers and their families in 2017. These applicants would fill the resource needs in several sectors in the area; hence, growing economic activities through the inclusion of international talent. The priority areas for the program are: infrastructure, innovation, skilled workforce, clean growth and climate change, trade and investment.

To immigrate to Canada under this program, work experience, academic qualifications, and job offer are required. Applicant must also have an individualized settlement plan for you and your family. There are three programs under the AIPP:


  • Atlantic Intermediate Skilled Program (AISP)

To travel under this program, you must have worked fulltime for at least one year within the last three years in the field in your primary occupation at Skill level C. Your work experience must have been acquired from paid work, not through volunteering or internship. Your work experience was acquired legally, overseas or in Canada.

Learn more about the program 


  • Atlantic High Skilled Program (AHSP)

The Atlantic High-Skilled Program (AHSP), targets applicants with a qualifying job offer for a one-year contract full-time employment in a position at level 0, A, or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). The requirements to apply to this program are similar to the Atlantic Intermediate Skilled Program only that the category of skill differs.

Learn more about the program


  • Atlantic International Graduate Program (AIGP)

Through the AIGP, graduates submit an application for permanent residence without first having to obtain work experience. It is an immigration option for international graduates of eligible educational institutions in Atlantic Canada. You must have a full-time employment offer in NOC Level O, A, B, C.

Learn more about this program




These are for business people interested in settling in Canada. Through the programs, entrepreneurs and investors with capital and business skills contribute to the Canadian economy. Here are some immigration pathways for you:

  • The Self-Employed People Program: Being self-employed means that the applicant has relevant experience and aspires to be self-employed in Canada. At Canada, the applicant will contribute to specific activities that will economically improve their society.  At least two years of work experience in cultural activities, athletics or farm management, within five years prior to the application date for a permanent resident visa is important.

Learn more about this program


  • Start-up Visa Program: Assessed on a pass or fail basis; there are four requirements applicants must meet. This includes a letter of support from a designated angel investor group, venture capital fund or business incubator; meet the ownership requirements for a qualifying business; get scores of at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 in all four categories for either English or French, and have enough money to cover your living costs before you earn a salary.

Learn more about the program.


  • The Provincial Nominee Program for Business: Different provinces have different programs for applicants interested in business activities to develop their provinces and territories.

Read more about PNP.


  • The Immigrant Investor Venture Capital (IIVC) Pilot Program: To qualify as an immigrant investor, it is important that you are legally worth at least CDN $10 million; and you meet the Canadian Language Benchmark in English or French.

Learn more about this program


Our experts understand the African and Canadian business terrains. We will help you switch with ease across both worlds. Talk to us.



Temporary immigration is for anyone interested in visiting Canada for a brief period of time, for a specific purpose. The purpose and duration of your visit will determine the kind of visa you get. Typically, you can get these visas at Canadian embassies in your own country. There are four main types of temporary visas:

  • Temporary Resident Visas
  • Study Permits
  • Super Visas
  • Work permits


This kind of visa is for those interested in visiting Canada for a brief period of time. It could be to study, on vacation, or a short business trip. This visa comes in two types; single or multiple-entry. The single visa gives you access to Canada only once; while with the multiple entry visa, you can visit Canada several times as long as the visa remains valid. Normally, with this visa, a visitor can enter and remain in Canada for up to 6 months at a time. There are three important questions to ask yourself when applying for this kind of visa:

  • Why am I visiting Canada?
  • Do I have sufficient funds to support myself during my stay?
  • Are there enough reasons for me to want to return home?


At Drucker Immigration and Education Services, we offer assistance with all aspects of this process. Reach out to our team of experts


Canada provides quality education recognized across the world at all levels. However, you need a study permit to access it. The permit gives the applicant permission to stay in Canada for the period of their studies. Five questions to ask before applying for a study permit:

  • Does the applicant have admission to a Canadian school?
  • Can the applicant show that they have sufficient funds to pay for their education?
  • Can the applicant prove that you can afford living expenses while in Canada?
  • Can the applicant show that you will return to your country after study?

Permanent Residency after Studying

The study permit could also be a way to switch from being a temporary to a permanent resident of Canada. After completing your education, you can apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit valid for up to three years. This work permit will allow you to remain in Canada and work full time for any business. With at least one year of full time, skilled work experience, you may qualify to apply for permanent residence through the Canadian Experience Class, Atlantic International Graduate Program or other federal or provincial programs. 

Drucker Immigration and Education Services can advise you on your admission to a Canadian school; assist with your application for a study permit, and help you with guardianship for your children in Canada. Please contact us for further information.


A super visa allows parents or grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to visit Canada for up to two years at a time. They are typically 10-year multi-entry visas. Here are some questions to ask if you are considering the super visa:

  • Does my child/grandchild have enough money to support my visit?
  • Can my child fund my medical insurance?
  • Am I willing to return to my home country after the expiration of my visa?


Drucker Immigration and Education Services has a team of experts skilled in advising you and your parents on making your applications for a super visa. Contact Us



Work permits are necessary to get a job offer from a Canadian firm approved by the federal human resources authorities before the issuance of a visa. Some kinds of work in Canada do not require a work permit. For instance, as an African student in Canada, with a study permit, you may work part-time without a work permit. Another case exempted from human resources validation includes work permits for spouses of foreign students. Foreign students who recently completed their study in Canada can apply for an open post-graduate work permit valid for up to three years. Here are three important questions to ask before applying for a work permit:

  • Do I have a job offer in Canada?
  • What are my qualifications and NOC level of my job?
  • What type of work is it?
  • Is the job offer accepted by the federal human resources authorities?